Spontaneous Saturday!

So this week I have been very step-outside-my-box-ish.
I went to an art lecture....
AND I met the guy who wrote THE SURROGATES! (the graphic novel the movie is based on)
....and both were awesome!
I'm continuing these new experiences today by going to the Book Festival at UCF :)
BUT I just wanted to share some of the pics Sarah and I took the last 2 days...

Art of War: Kevin Haran
(to see a bit of an explanation as to how he makes his sculptures, go to my sisters blog here)





The Surrogates: Robert Venditti
This guy was great to listen to, and so far I am liking his graphic novel a lot! Again, for a description of the event, go to my sister's blog.








One last thought then I'm done:
I REALLY encourage you guys to try to reach outside your routine and try something like this out. Its so freeing to step outside your daily life and do something a little different for a change. It doesn't have to be anything major, but it will make a difference, I can promise that. Besides, you might find something you really like out of the experience. For example, I had no idea a graphic novel could be such a fun thing to read, but I'm having a hard time putting it down.

Thanks for reading :)
Love Always,
Kayelee

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
I've moved 13 or 14 or 20 times in my life... Not totally sure. I like working with kids, reading books, kayaking and canoeing... anything like that that keeps me ABOVE the water. I'm afraid of Sea Creatures, (particularly sharks) semi-trucks, and cows. ...In that order. My favorite food is bread followed by rice. What can I say, I like carbs. I have a long haired chihuahua that I am fairly convinced is an alien spy. But I love her nonetheless. (silly emotional humans) I'm convinced I will one day play the character my sister named after me in the book she is writing.. Because I KNOW it will be a movie. She's a villain ;)

Followers